I’m sure anyone reading this has been bombarded by Christmas gift guides. But as I love showing the best bits of London and shopping for gifts, I thought I’d share my own. I’m hoping to squeeze in three short posts over the next couple of weeks, my only aim is that it gives you a little gift inspiration and festive spirit! 🙂
I’m starting with gifts bought and found in London as every Christmas I like to get someone something which is harder to buy outside the capital. It’s fun to shop for as it makes you realise how much there is on offer here and it’s nice to give as it shows a little thought and originality. Most of these gifts are perfect for last minute purchases, to add a little extra something, or even as a secret Santa gift.
So here are my top buys:
1. Fresh coffee (For the coffee addict) – We’re spoilt for choice here but my favourite is Workshop, followed by Ozone Coffee Roasters. The coffee is best bought in the cafe as they’ll often grind it according to the brew method used and you can also get expert advice. Try London’s Best Coffee app to find a cafe closest to you.
2. Tea (For the tea drinker) – Yumchaa Tea offers lots of lovely loose teas in their Soho and Camden cafes. Buy favourites like Earl Grey or challenge them to try something different like Enchanted Forest.
3. Gin (For the G&T lover) – The good news is that the number of gin distilleries in London is on the up, so you could organise a distillery tour or pick up a bottle from one of these independent distilleries listed on Gin Monkey.
4. Cheese (For the cheese thief ) – Get them a special piece of cheese to enjoy all to themselves (rather than stealing everything on the cheeseboard). Check out your local market or try my favourite shop, La Fromagerie.
5. Chocolates (For someone with a sweet tooth) – Get a box of boutique chocolates from one of these shops recommended by Time Out and your gift will be sure to stand out from the sugary Christmas crowd.
6. Preserve (For someone who loves a good high tea) – Pick up a fancy jar of preserve (aka jam) at Fortnum & Mason, I bought Strawberry and Champagne last year. It’s the perfect partner for tasty tea.
7. Biscuits (For someone who loves tea and biscuits) – Biscuiteers make the daintiest biscuits I’ve ever seen outside an afternoon tea, they even come in a lovely tin (check out the London one!). Buy them from their boutique or order them online.
8 Liberty London print (For someone who loves a bit of history and heritage) – Liberty London is an iconic department store and best known for its signature print. See the range of goods from handbags to homeware and stationery here.
Would you add any gift recommendations to the list? Do share in the comments box below!