Welcome to the first in a new series of posts I’m calling ‘Friday finds’ ! This City Life is all about finding new places to make living in the city worthwhile, but lately I’ve noticed the list of places in London I’d like to eat, drink and ponder in outweighs the time (and money) I have to try them all out and share with you. So ‘Friday finds’ will cover all the places going on my list, with any extra finds I can’t resist sharing thrown in for good measure.
As the London 2012 Olympic officially opens today, I thought it would be a great place to start. So here’s all the things which would get me in the mood for celebrating a historic event and a great city.
1. Drink Olympic-themed cocktails at Archer Street – the cocktails here are delicious and from 27th July to 12th August they’re making Olympic-themed additions to their menu. I definitely fancy the Flaming Arrow – Ketel One vodka and Lychee liqueur shaken with fresh mint and cucumber, apple juice and fresh lime juice. They’re also hosting a pop-up theatre in the basement where you can watch performances of songs from some of the West End’s most well-loved musicals.
2. Eat Afternoon Tea at Beas of Bloomsbury – Afternoon Tea is so traditionally London and I love the one at Beas’. It’s stylish, modern, and only £17.
3. Watch all the action at some of London’s best locations with BT London Live – BT are providing huge screens and entertainment at Hyde Park, Victoria Park and Trafalgar Square throughout the Olympics. So you can watch all the events with a great atmosphere at no charge.
4. Visit The World in London at Victoria Park – From 27 July – 12 August The Photographers’ Gallery is hosting an exhibition at Victoria Park of 204 portraits of 204 Londoners. The project looks to show London’s diversity and the unique role photography has in capturing the human form.
5. Take home a souvenir – I’ve decided to choose something to remember the city rather than the event and I think this London mug from Starbucks is great. It’ll hold a giant cup of tea whilst reminding you of the fun you had in the city.
What do you think? Will you be trying out any of these Friday finds?